Thursday, December 22, 2011

12-12-2011

Hey mom, here is an email from the new mission president in SLC!! Sorry the phone call was cut short, the pay phone cut me off a minute early so I didn't even get to say I LOVE YOU!!!!
 
Hope all is well. I have been meaning to tell you, my favorite christmas story is I BELEIVE IN SANTA. It's short, but relates santa to Jesus Christ. It only has a few words, but it's awesome! Or the one about the christmas dress and the little girl that didn't believe in christmas because her family was so poor. I know Madison has the first book. LOVE YOU!!! Good luck in your lesson. I know you are amazing and have such a great effect on the girls. I am also glad you are getting your life in balance. If life were a cookie I think working too much would be like swapping the amounts of the salt and sugar. A cookie is no good with 2 cups of salt and only 1 tbsp of sugar!
May God be with you. I'll update you on my new area. Tomorrow this time I will be there! Ahh, what should I wear haha!!!
 
Love, Hermana Marshall


*******

Elders and Sisters,

During the first week in December we had 53 baptisms and 46 confirmations bringing our total for 2011 to 2436.  We have three big weeks in the pipeline with 75, 86, and 110 on date.  I don't have the results for this past week but we will let you know as soon as we have the results.  The Lord is very proud of your obedience, hard work and faith.  You are giving Him the best present you every could this Christmas.

As we prepare for our January zone conference I am taking a survey and would like your thoughts and comments.  I would like you to take a minute and think about what it is that a high baptizing missionary does versus a low baptizing missionary.  Not their characteristics, but what are the specific things that they do that result in baptizing every week.  Every missionary needs to be obedient, diligent, faithful, clean, charitable, etc.  But I am looking for the specific actions that you have seen that make for a high baptizing missionary.  Please let me know in your letter this week the 3-5 things that you think make for a missionary who baptizes every week.  Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I want to share with you an experience I had this week.  We were teaching a woman who has had many problems in her life.  You could say her life was a mess.  She expressed her experience in going to church this way, "I felt like I could breathe again."  What a wonderful way of describing something we all too often take for granted.

Keep up the great work.  You are all doing so well and we are so proud of you.  Everywhere we go the members tell us how great you are and how much they love having you in their homes.

We love you,  

President  & Sister Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment